I was the lead designer on a large platform redesign for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra website when I worked at IA collaborative. There we a number of difficult UX/UI challenges that lead to some innovative features.
– A robust calendar that included performances and events across multiple genres and disciplines
– Ticket sales for single tickets, subscriptions and series
– Seat selector that displayed available seats, with approximate views of the stage
– E-commerce shopping experiment covering music, products and digital downloads
– Event description with audio and video integration
– CMS integration and more
The current site has evolved quite a bit and has been patched together with new content and design. It’s probably in need of a full overhaul, but you can still see some of the influences from the original site.